Hello everyone! I want to call your attention to two new features on our website that might be useful to you.
Adolescent Development Toolkit:
Youth Mental Health
Several sections of the website are “toolkit” or “clearinghouse” sections—for example, the popular SEL Toolkit or the Supervisor’s PYD Toolkit. These are collections of resources specifically for youth work professionals.
Adding to the Adolescent Development Toolkit, we recently compiled an extensive collection of resources that aim to help you:
- Understand adolescent mental health and illness
- Understand adolescent mental health inequities
- Respond to mental health crises
- Put prevention strategies in place
- Direct young people to online resources and help lines
Explore the Toolkit: Youth Mental Health !
Abortion in New York State
Our blog post on abortion law is now a page on the website—essentially the same, but with a few additional resources:
Young People and Abortion in New York State. Recognizing that this page just scratches the surface of a complex topic, I have two questions for you:
- What additional resources related to abortion rights would be helpful?
- What resources do you recommend?
We had a request, for example, for help with talking about NYS abortion rights in communities that oppose those rights. Do you have anything to share on that topic?
Let me know your thoughts either in the comments or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. And thanks!